Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My poor poor cooking blog

I have forgotten about you, I am sorry to admit. But times have been extremely hectic and I have not had the time to cook let alone even bake. However, we are going to try this year and cook more and eat more healthy. So far so good I think.
Well last night I made this really good French Toast. Trying something new, plus we had all the ingredients right at home, which was nice. It is really simple and pretty quick to make.

5 Cups bread cubes (1/2 of a regular size loaf)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TB butter
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8X8 baking dish. Line the bottom of the pan with read cubs. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, 2TB of sugar, the salt and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the bread. Dot with butter. Let stand for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until top is golden. Serve with syrup and fresh fruit.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks good! Chad makes the best french toast but maybe I can try to achieve his greatness but whipping this up!